Sunday, May 29, 2011

Words to ponder

"Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of what you have."

I came across this quotation as I was flipping from page to page, the book that I bought last Monday. Yes, off from station again due to some duty need to be done, so I took this opportunity to at least get something for myself too. A small quotations book for a reminder to myself and maybe for us all to ponder.

"Do not pray unless you believe God will answer."

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a successful career woman. My mother used to tell me;

"Things don't come easily. You have to work hard."

Holding on mother's words since I was very little, I never have such word of 'give-up' in my 'dictionary of life'.

I still remember when I met some of my childhood friends yesterday, a mini-gathering that made us to reminisce the memory back when we were kids. One of my friends told me that I always get the first place in class, and there was one year, I fall to the second place, I cried. We all thought that was funny, and we laughed at it. They even said, that's just a small matter, who would want to bother so much about what number you'd get in class? But to me, I guess, it means a lot, though I was only a little girl that time. Expectations maybe.

Last Wednesday, after a long-hour work, due to an event that we need to work on, we went to get some drinks. Well, of course, it always be me who is the youngest among the members of the table. There was actually something they said, that had really stroke me.

"You cannot expect much from people because it could disappoint you."

Well, yes. Couldn't argue more to that statement.

So no argument. =)

I remembered, one of my uncles' words.

"In whatever you do, you need to concern the sensitivity of people around you."

I guess, whoever you are, whatever attitude you have, but when it comes to this social affairs, you have to try to blend in.

Come to think about it. Sometimes, there are just many things in life that you'd wish you wouldn't have to do it , for some people perhaps, but for real, acceptance means a lot to you.

"Sincerity is the way of heaven."

ps: Think big. You are who you think you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...